Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Much Needed Break

Today, Joseph watched the girls so that I could get out and get a much needed break. I had to get groceries and pick up some other things. While I was out, I decided that I would stop by a few stores that I had been wanting to go into for a long time but haven't felt like I had the time. I also took the opportunity to browse at things in the other stores that I go in all the time.

I went to a home decor store called Newberry Street. I actually used to be in the singles ward with one of the girls that owns it. I had heard a lot of people talk about Newberry Street and all the neat home decor things that it had in it. I was really excited to check it out. I found some really great things and it made me wish that I had a money tree in my back yard so that I could buy every cute thing and decorate my house exactly how I wanted. As I was perusing, one plaque type thing really hit me and I have thought about it for the rest of the day. It said-

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Some of you may have heard this phrase but I never had. I know that we all go through things big and small with children being sick and driving us crazy to husbands being gone long hours to everything in between. Sometimes the "things" that we go through are big and other times they are small. But no matter what it is that we are going through, I think that it is important to figure out what is great about the time we are in, find the silver lining in the clouds, and "dance in the rain". After all, it isn't always the destination, but more the journey that counts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that thought :) I really need to learn to "dance in the rain" because I'm far more likely to wait for the right conditions.