Sunday, February 10, 2008

Widow Weekend

This weekend has been rough. It is what I not so lovingly call widow weekend. Translation? Drill weekend. It has seemed to drag on and Joseph has been getting home later than originally planned. Add on that that Paige is still having slight fevers in the evening and Lexi is most likely coming down with a cold (she has been coughing and sneezing). So I have dealt with fussy kids and no husband. Makes for a crappy weekend in my opinion. By the end of it, I was biting everybody's heads off.

There have been some fun positives though. On Saturday, my friend Nicole and her two kids came over (her husband is in the Marine Corps with Joseph). They spent the day with us and it was fun to visit. Then that evening Joseph's cousins were over and we all hung out until about 12:30am! I think Joseph was a little tired the next day at drill! His cousins had been up snowboarding but lost their keys (sound familiar?) so we gave them some extra clothes to wear and let them borrow our third car until spare keys get fed-exed to them from Canada.

Sunday, my visiting teachers came over (with cookies!) and I enjoyed visiting with them. I missed the world wide broadcast on Saturday. I am bummed because I heard it was absolutely fantastic! I never even heard about it. I am hoping that they have it available online.

Today it is back to the same old. This week is jam packed full and I am feeling very overwhelmed. Time to get started and stop wasting the day away!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey there cousin! I didn't know you blogged! I'm totally addicted to blogging. Anyway, I found your blog off of Suzy's. How do you know her? We went to high school together. Anyway, just wanted to say hi :-)

Rachel Holloway said...

WHEW! I bet you are glad for this week and to have him home. It is so hard when they are gone so much. I hope this week goes much better than your weekend.

Melinda said...

When Aaron worked at WalMart, I dreaded the once-every-so-often that he had to work a week of overnight...it meant I never saw him and I'm sure you dread your 'widow' time too. Hope things go better this week!

Mandi said...

Hey Ashley :) It is your favorite cousin once removed ;) (In case you forgot which one was your favorite - it is me - Mandi!) Kim found your site - and told me about it! How fun :) I have a blog too - you'll have to send me your e-mail address - mandi.harris@gmail.com. It was fun looking over your blog to see what you are up to. I'm sorry you had such a bummer weekend. I hope your girls are feeling better!